|INCIDENT REPORTING POLICIES:
7.1 REPORTING MEDICATION ERRORS
All medication errors are to be reported immediately,
charted and appropriate follow-up implemented.
Person discovering error:
- Assesses patient for injury immediately and
initiate appropriate corrective action. If medical intervention
required, notify physician.
- Notifies manager/supervisor of the area.
- Completes Incident Report form.
- Ensures appropriate action has been taken.
- Investigates error and documents follow-up action
- Implements corrective action to prevent error from