|THE FORMULARY SYSTEM:
3.4 CLINICAL DRUG TRIALS
Any drugs under investigation in the hospital including inpatient and
outpatient services shall be designated as part of a clinical drug
For a Clinical Drug Trial,
The investigator obtains approval from:
- UBC Clinical Screening Committee for Research and Other Studies
Involving Human Subjects (Ethics Committee)
- Vancouver Acute Research Committee
- hospital departments involved in the trial
- Maintains a service for conducting clinical drug trials which
comply with Health Canada, Therapeutic Products Programme (TPP)
- Dispenses investigational drug for the appropriate patient and
maintains any drug accountability records as specified in the
clinical drug trial protocol.
- Maintains drug inventory of all investigational medications.
- Provides drug information.